While still preparing the launch of BlockLab, we managed to accelerate on our energy program, thanks to the City of Rotterdam and the Ministry of Economic Affairs. Just before the summer this tender was published, challenging both the energy sector and blockchain developers to come up with proposals. Four of them will be selected and announced within a week. They will each receive 50k early stage budget for their prototypes and will be expected to deliver around March 2018.
The next phase will then be the adoption of at least two of them – BlockLab and its partners will help putting them into practice. We are very thankful to announce the expert committee making the selection out of twenty proposals:
- Ad van Wijk, founder of The Green Village and professor on sustainable energy at the TU Delft.
- Michiel van den Berge, business developer at Stedin, responsible for blockchain innovations.
- Arash Aazami, entrepreneur and international consultant on smart energy strategies.
- Zeki Erkin, assistent professor on cyber security at the TU Delft.
- Fred Akerboom, program manager energy transition at the City of Rotterdam.
- Jan Willem Hiddink, business analyst ict an blockchain specialist at RVO.